1. Data controller
2. How your personal data is collected
We collect personal information about you when you visit and use the Maiyak Platform; become a member and/nor create an account for yourself or your organisation; contact customer service; sign up for our newsletter; sign up for events; and share your personal details by filling out forms on the Maiyak Platform and via third-party web- based solutions used by Maiyak.
We may also collect personal information from public records and/or third parties, to the extent necessary to administer the Maiyak Platform.
3. Which data is collected?
Information that you give us
When you become a member and opens an account on the Maiyak Platform or use our services, we may collect the following personal data from you:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Personal identity number
- Phone number
- Profile picture (optional)
- When you have become a member, Maiyak may also collect personal data such as proof of identity, personal identity number and other personal data that we need in order to confirm that you are lawfully representing a fund-seeking company, and to fulfil our obligations in accordance with relevant regulations.
Maiyak may also collect personal data that you give us when you contact our customer support.
Information that we collect:
When you visit the Maiyak Platform, we will collect your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
When you have become a member, Maiyak may also collect data from public registers in order to fulfil our legal obligations.
4. Purpose of processing your personal data
We store and process your personal data for the following purposes.
To carry out our obligations under our agreements:
- To administer your membership, and platform preferences.
- To confirm that you lawfully represent the company that you manage as account holder at the Maiyak Platform.
To improve our service to you, we have a legitimate interest to use your personal data:
- To contact you regarding customer satisfaction and surveys.
- To monitor and improve the Maiyak Platform and services.
- To solve and respond to customer support inquiries.
- To perform market and customer analysis, market research, and statistics.
- To promote services provided by Maiyak.
- To improve the effectiveness of the matchmaking between fund-seeking companies and other members of the Maiyak Platform.
We may contact you by email, phone and regular mail.
If you do not want to us to process your personal data for recommendations or other direct marketing, please send an email to email@example.com
5. Transfer of data
Maiyak may disclose certain personal information to affiliates, licenses, and partners, for the purpose of enabling them to provide services to Maiyak. However, we ensure that companies that manage personal data on our behalf use a high level of security measures to protect your personal data.
Personal data will always be processed confidentially and protected by appropriate security measures. Your personal data will only be disclosed to the extent that it is relevant to the purpose of the processing.
Personal data may also be disclosed if necessary, to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements, to safeguard Maiyak’s legal interests, or to detect, prevent or alert fraud and other security or technical issues.
6. The period during which data is processed
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as there is a need to preserve it in order to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected, unless required by law or in order to protect Maiyak’s legal interests.
We will delete your personal data, within a reasonable period, after you decide to cancel your account. However, Maiyak may save the data longer if it is necessary to comply with legal requirements.
7. Data Security
All personal data is stored securely and is only accessed by authorised Maiyak personal if need for support or service. We implement and maintain appropriate technical, security and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing.
8. Your Rights
Maiyak provide you with the ability to object to the processing of your personal data if such processing is not reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose. In case of direct marketing or advertising, you can alter or withdraw your consent for how we use your personal data by contacting us in (see the contact information below).
As a data subject, you have certain rights as regards your personal data. The rights are however not absolute, meaning that there are exceptions to some of the rights where we cannot proceed and fulfil your request.
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- Withdraw your consent where Maiyak’s process of your personal data is based on consent;
- Request a confirmation of our processing of your personal data, to receive information about the processing, access to the personal data in question, and the right to obtain a copy of your personal data;
- Right to rectification – meaning that you have the right to have any incorrect personal data about you as a data subject corrected by us;
- Right to erasure – meaning that you have the right have your personal data erased under certain circumstances (such as if there no longer is a legitimate purpose for our processing of your personal data);
- Right to object – meaning that you have the right to object to Maiyak’s processing of your personal data in certain specific cases;
- Right to restricted processing – meaning that you have the right to have Maiyak restrict the processing of your personal data, but not delete it;
- Right to data portability – meaning that you may request Maiyak to transfer your personal data to another data controller.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by using the contact details below, stating your full name, proof of identity and the e-mail address used for registration of your account, if applicable:
Address: Maiyak AB, Skogalundsklippan 2, 3tr, 131 39 Nacka, Sweden.
9. Update your profile
If you notice that any of your personal information on the Maiyak Platform is inaccurate, please update it in your Account or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Cookies and other technologies
We use information collected by cookies and other technologies to understand and analyse trends, to administer the Maiyak Platform, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our products and services, and to gather demographic information about our users. We may also use information collected by cookies and other technologies for marketing and advertising purposes.
You can choose to disable cookies in your web browser and you may also delete cookies that have already been placed on your hard drive. For further details please go to the help menu in your browser. Disabling or deleting cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the Maiyak Platform.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format that customers can read, and they tell us whether e-mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Maiyak Platform. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on the Maiyak Platform. We track this click-through data to help us understand interest in specific topics and measure the effectiveness of our digital marketing. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.